Sunday 5 July 2009

A hat trick of success



So I finally got back into baking after some time. I decided to make some biscuits, but thought I'd try a new recipe or two. I have made many choc chip biscuits in my time, but this recipe sounded good so I tried it out. Here's the result:














They actually taste better than they look ;-)


I was on a roll then, so I kept going and made another new recipe. Gingernut biscuits!!! I was really chuffed with this result as the biscuits even cracked on the top just like the ones you buy. They are crunchy and gingery and really quite yummy. Have a look:




To continue my successes I finished off a project I had been knitting for my niece. I found it had been a real labour of love as bamboo is much harder to knit with than it looks. Still despite all the stretching of yarn and hard to hide ends, the hot water bottle cover is complete. It's not too shabby - for an amateur.




Now, what will I do tomorrow?







7 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Wow! That hot water bottle cover is FAB! And those biscuits look delish! Do you have a cake tin cupboard like Trashy????

Locket x

Nikki said...

Your hot water bottle cover is fantastic. Nice work...

trash said...

Mmmmmmm.... ginger nuts!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland.......I'm sure you'll be addicted soon!

Mrs Moog said...

Oooh those gingernuts look gorgeous!!

Love the hot water bottle cover - and I totally agree about the bamboo yarn! I knitted some socks in bamboo yarn and it was the slippiest splittiest stuff I've ever had the misfortune to knit with!!

xxx

Mama said...

I going to issue an all 'round "Damned Good Work!"

ps: pass the cookies please, your sister has my mailing addy. Ta!

Miss Jenn said...

Oh boy. So glad to hear you're back into the baking. How many tins will they let you bring on the plane, I wonder...